Saturday, August 29, 2015

Paul Steiner | Johns in Art Galleries



Paul Steiner
Johns in Art Galleries 
New York City, USA: The Letter Edged in Black Press, 1968
[24] pp., 8.5 x 12.7 cm., loose leaves
Edition of 2000

A set of 24 coloured file cards, arranged alphabetically, each containing a brief review of public restrooms in New York City's art galleries and museums. Sample cards:

"Morgan Library: absolutely breathtaking and splendiferous, especially the ladies."

"American Academy of Arts and Letters: Ladies behind small drawing room with Childe Hassam oils. Gents' too complicated, better forget it."

Steiner, a writer, was asked to contribute a work to William Copley & Dmitri Petrov's SMS Portfolio. It was featured in the 6th and final issue of the project, alongside works by John Giorno, Bernar Venet, Claes Oldenburg, Richard Artschwager (the folder's cover) and others.

Johns in Art Galleries is available from The New Museum, here, for $50.00

1 comment:

  1. Bitcoin investment has changed my life because I invested my bitcoin with Mr Anderson Carl. He is a professional trader and he help me trade my bitcoin and he can also help you. My first investment with Anderson Carl, I profited up to $2,600 with my investment of $200 in 7 days, Looking into this week as well, what have you planned to achieve? Why not take that step now and contact Anderson Carl on whatsapp: +1(252)285-2093 Email:(andersoncarlassettrade@gmail.com)I advice you shouldn't hesitate He's great.

    ReplyDelete